Applying PE to Formulary Development in the Middle East
This two-day workshop organized by the members of the newly developed ISPOR Lebanon Chapter, focused on the basic principles and processes of Pharmacoeconomics (PE) and applications leading to the improvement of drug formulary development in Middle East countries. Presenters analyzed pharmacoeconomic strategies and outcomes research to determine relative drug adoption guidelines.
The educational objectives of this workshop included:
- Introduction of ISPOR and the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines
- Illustration of key PE concepts and evaluation
- Identifying challenges to implement PE guidelines in developing countries
- Describing pricing mechanisms and steps to budget impact analysis
- Introduction to ISPOR Lebanon Chapter
Speakers included Dr. Ibrahim Al-Abbadi, Chair of ISPOR Arabic Network, Dr. Abdulaziz Al-Saggabi, Chair-Elect of ISPOR Arabic Network and the Chair of ISPOR CEE Network Executive Committee, Prof. Zoltan Kalo. For details, please see Program.